Fire at Exeter Chiefs’ base days before Aviva Premiership semi-final clash after tea towels spontaneously combusted

A FIRE broke out at a top rugby club days before a semi-final clash after a stack of tea towels spontaneously combusted.

Fire officials said organic oil residue on material can self-ignite when towels are stored in piles after tumble drying.

Fire crews were called to Exeter Chiefs’ Sandy Park base in Devon where they tackled the blaze in its kitchen
Alamy

Crews were called to Exeter Chiefs’ Sandy Park base in Devon in the early morning of Thursday, May 11 and extinguished the blaze in the…

Read Full Post Here

News
There’s a new, apparently ‘healthier’ way to smoke – and it’s NOT e-cigarettes

THERE’S a new “cigarette” on the block – and while it looks similar, it’s no e-cig. Hailed as a “healthier” alternative to traditional fags, the heat-not-burn devices are set explode in popularity, experts said today. Heat-not-burn devices have been hailed as a “healthier” alternative to regular fags, by the giant …

News
1
Ten to be charged over fraternity hazing death of university student

Maxwell Gruver died after a night of drinking Ten people are expected to be charged over the fraternity hazing death of a college freshman. Maxwell Gruver, of Georgia, died after a night of drinking at a Phi Delta Theta frat party at Louisiana… Click to Read Full Article

News
Cops hunt 'Chinese man' after 'vicious' attack on teenage boy outside Edinburgh takeaway

The 15-year-old was left with serious facial injuries after a verbal altercation outside the Chip Inn on Oxgangs Road North. Click to Read Full Article